Friday 19 May 2017

Circle Skirt


Earlier this year when I was making my full circle wrap skirt, I went looking for fabric at thrift stores. I did find some fabric that I really liked and thought would make a great skirt, but unfortunately there wasn't enough of it for that pattern. I got it anyway, with the idea that I could make another skirt with a different pattern. I really love full circle skirts, so I referred to this tutorial and this tutorial and then just kind of made things up as I went.


The fabric wasn't wide enough so I had to sew two pieces together, but I was able to line up the pattern so you can't tell. Then I measured and cut it. I had no idea how a striped circle skirt would end up looking, but it is actually really neat!


I added a waistband and a zipper. I also added pockets, because I could. And because it is wonderful when a skirt has pockets!


I was very happy with how it turned out. I think it's neat how the stripes combine with the circle shape to make the pattern look different depending on which way you look at it!




No comments:

Post a Comment