Thursday 4 May 2017

Crocheted Toothless


One of my favourite movies of all time is How to Train Your Dragon, and one of my favourite characters in How to Train Your Dragon is the dragon Toothless. So when I saw that someone had made a pattern for a crocheted stuffed animal Toothless, I just might have squealed out loud.

The best part? It's not even that hard to make.

If you want to check out the pattern (and if you can crochet and love Toothless, then you pretty much have to), here it is: Toothless Amigurumi Pattern

This helpful tutorial walks you through the steps with pictures.


The only challenge about this pattern is that the stitches and pieces are all quite small, so it can be kind of fiddly. But on the other hand, it comes together quite quickly, compared to making something that is larger.

I had to look up how to make a magic ring, and this was a great tutorial for how to make it left-handed. Beyond that, if you know how to single crochet, half-double crochet, increase, and decrease, I think that is pretty much all the skills you need to make this super cute pattern!


Here are all of the pieces! Then all that is left is stuffing them and sewing them together.


The pattern suggests using felt for the eyes, but I ended up using a scrap of flannelette and a sharpie.


I am so happy with how it turned out! This little guy was given to a friend for her birthday, but I just might have to make another one for myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment