Thursday 9 July 2015

My Top Ten Favourite Movies

It's time for your favourite game show: How well do you know what movies Leane likes?!!!

Just kidding.

(But actually, if you want to guess what my top ten are, go ahead!  I'm curious how many you would get right!)

It's pretty common knowledge that I'm not really a movie person.  I'd much prefer a book (for alone time) or a game (for social time), however I am slowly adding to the repertoire of movies that I have seen.  Today, just for fun, I thought I'd share my current top ten list.

Just for the record, I count series, trilogies and sequels as one movie.  Because they kind of are one story.  And then I can list more movies!

Here we go!  My top ten, in no particular order (but kind of in order):

10. The Penguins of Madagascar
This comical adventure of four penguins is full of laughs.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

9. Singing in the Rain
An old classic with lots of great singing and dancing.

8. Pride and Prejudice
The long one.  With Colin Firth.  It is the best Pride and Prejudice.  Hands down.

7. The Croods
Ever wonder what the typical American family would be like as cave men?  Look no further.  Lots of humour and some touching moments.

6. Epic
As epic as a story about tiny people and forest critters can be.  I like this movie for its humour as well as its portrayal of relationship dynamics.

5. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
A normal man's redemption story.  It makes me want to pack up and go traveling every time I watch it.

4. Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
This movie never fails to make me feel young, brave, and confident that good will always win.

3. How to Train Your Dragon (1 & 2)
A powerful coming of age story.  With awesome dragons.  I want to ride a dragon so bad.

2. Inside Out
Welcome to the world of emotions that live inside your head.  This movie is absolutely brilliant, and if you haven't seen it yet you should go watch it.  Right now.

1. The Lord of the Rings
My preciousssss...

What are some of your favourite movies?  Were you able to guess any of mine?

2 comments:

  1. Proud to say I guess three of your top ten! :) Pride and Prejudice (so glad you agree with me about which is "hands down" the best version), Narnia (such an uplifting movie that always brings me back to the wonder of childhood) and The Lord of the Rings (duh, of course!) The only two on your list I haven't seen are Penguins and Inside Out. You've made me want to check them out though!

    ReplyDelete