Thursday 2 July 2015

Crock-Pot Rice


With the very hot weather we are having, I am constantly on the look out for ways to make dinner without warming up the kitchen.  We have been making use of the barbecue, and the toaster oven has been moved out to the deck.  I have also been making crock-pot meals, since the crock-pot can be used outside.  However, most of the things that I would usually make in a crock-pot - like soups and stews - are not exactly what you feel like eating when you're sweating!  But with a little research, you can find that there are actually a lot of different kinds of things you can make in a crock-pot.  For example, you can cook rice!  And it is actually super easy.

Crock-Pot Rice:

Measure one part rice and two parts water into the crock-pot.  (So, for example, two cups of rice and four cups of water.)  Cover, and turn on to the "high" setting.  Let it cook for approximately 3 hours.  (Time may vary depending on how quickly your croc-pot heats up.)  That's it!

I made a lot of rice, so there would be plenty for leftovers.  I used my second crock-pot to cook up some lentils and ground beef, and I cut up some vegetables and cheese, and we had tortilla wraps for supper!  The best part?  Not having to make the kitchen any warmer than it already was!

No comments:

Post a Comment