Tuesday 30 June 2015

Meditation on Philippians 1:21

Recently I rediscovered a short meditation that I wrote on Philippians 1:21 almost five years ago.  I thought that I would share it here, because I really like it.  (And also because I ran out of time to write something new today... but that's beside the point.)


Philippians 1:21

To live, to breathe, to move.
Every fibre of my being proclaiming His goodness.
In my confusion trusting in His perfect plan,
In my uncertainty walking in His unending love,
In my weakness relying on His unfailing strength,
That every moment of my life declares -
"Jesus is Lord!" 


That life now over, seemingly the end,
But in reality, the race gloriously finished.
No more confusion, but perfect, never ending peace.
No more uncertainty as faith becomes sight.
That weakness, once so challenging, now suddenly immaterial.
There, face to face with my Lord.
This is gain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment