Tuesday 21 July 2015

Why a Why?

I have been thinking lately about why I have been writing this blog and why anyone should care.  One reason is that it is a place for me to express myself; another is that it is a good way to stay connected with friends and family around the world.  But I wanted to dig deeper.  What is it that I really care about and am trying to communicate?

Through this process I have developed a page called "Why this blog?" which can be found in the column on the right, and also by following this link: Why This Blog?

I also created a new heading: Life, Peace & A Place to Call Home.  These are deep human longings that I am very passionate about.  I believe that we all want to live meaningful, significant lives, that we long for peace and wholeness in our world and relationships, and that we deeply desire a home where we are loved and accepted.

That is at the core of what I blog about.  Some of my posts connect clearly, like a poem on loneliness or descriptions of how we are trying to live ethically.  But some posts might seem less connected.  What does chocolate pudding or Christmas decorations have to do with our deep human longings?

The heart of my passion is the home.  I believe that the home can be a powerful place of life, peace, and belonging.  And I think it is often the little things that make a house into a place that is called home.  Those little, simple things can make a big difference in the world.  I hope that in some small way, I can encourage and inspire you to live life to the full, be people of peace, and to nurture warm homes with open doors.

I hope and pray that our home will be a place that many people can call home.  If you are ever passing by, you are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment