Wednesday 11 March 2015

Midnight Reflections on Family

One night, after one of Steven's feedings, I was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and I found myself reflecting on life and family.  I thought I would share some of those reflections with you.

I think my bedroom is a lot like my family, or at least it reminds me of how I want my family to be.

Steven's crib is in our room, close to our bed.  This reminds me of how I always want to have my children close to me.  To know how they are doing.  To hear them when they are sad or scared or lonely.  I want them to know that I am always there for them.

On my other side I hear Jesse's quiet breathing.  We share the same bed, just as we share the same life, "for better or for worse".  He needs to be my priority.  We need to tend and nurture our relationship, no matter how busy the rest of life may be.

And as I looked up at the ceiling, my thoughts went to our heavenly Father who is our Life.  Side by side with my family - those dearest to me - my deepest desire is that we may all keep our eyes fixed on our Shepherd, Sustainer and Saviour, who will provide all that we need to make it through the adventure of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment