Thursday 6 April 2017

One Hour Projects: Bandana Bib


I usually tutor on Thursday afternoons. Occasionally, the student cancels, which means I get to have some extra free time! (Since I already have someone taking care of the kids, I may as well take advantage of it!) It was that kind of day today, so I thought I would try doing a project that I could start AND finish, all within that one hour.

I already had a project in mind: making a bandana bib. Very cute and very practical - Kenneth is drooling up a storm these days! I found a great tutorial that you can check out here.


I used odds and ends from my box of fabric - an old tank top that I was saving for some sort of project like this, and a fifty cent receiving blanket I had picked up at a thrift store for a different project.


I printed out the pattern from the tutorial and cut one from each kind of fabric.


I pinned them right sides in, and sewed them together - making sure to leave a gap so I could turn it right side out!


Then I pressed it, folding in the gap so it looked like the rest of the seam.


And I finished it off with a top stitch.


I had some snaps left over from an old project, so I used one of those as the fastener.


One bandana bib, finished in exactly one hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment