Tuesday 18 April 2017

When I Play

A poem for someone I know who is going through a very hard time that I hold in my heart as I lead worship at church.

When I play
Fingers dancing 
Over black and white keys
Through each note
Pouring my heart out
To our Saviour
I think about you

The long road you have traveled
Waiting for hope
That tomorrow might be better
Carrying the weight
Of fear
Of pain
Of a past you cannot forget
How you long to hide
Away from the world
Away from everything
And everyone you love
And who loves you

In a back corner of my heart
I remember your pain
I feel it
I pour it through my fingers
Into each note
Reaching out to you
That someone knows
Someone is here
You are not alone

And with each note
My heart cries out
A prayer without words
That somehow
You would hear it
A whisper of hope
That you will come 
Alive
Again

No comments:

Post a Comment