Thursday 20 April 2017

Banana Surprise


A few days ago I really wanted dessert.

The problem was that we didn't really have any dessert food in the house. An easy solution would be to make something, but it was late and I was tired.

While pacing around the kitchen, I decided to flip through a cookbook. In the cookbook I came across a recipe called Banana Surprise. It looked very easy, so I thought I might as well give it a try.


The first step involves putting a couple tablespoons of butter and a couple tablespoons of honey in a small bowl with a dash of cinnamon and microwaving it until the butter melts, then mixing it together.


Meanwhile, you slice a banana or two.


The banana slices go into some kind of cup or dish (I used a mason jar) and the honey mixture is drizzled on top along with a pinch of nutmeg. Then you microwave it a few more seconds to make sure it's nice and warm.

It can be eaten plain, or with ice cream or whipped cream. We didn't have either, but we had some soy ice cream that our lactose intolerant people hadn't been eating. Maybe they forgot about it, I don't know, but I figured they wouldn't miss a couple spoonfuls. Don't tell on me.


The real question of the day is why is it called banana surprise? I have no idea. It's not like the bananas are surprising or that there is anything random hidden in the bananas. But I will say that this recipe surprised me with how good it is! I'm generally not a huge fan of bananas, but I would definitely make this again!

What is your favourite easy dessert recipe for when you're in need of something sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment