Thursday 17 November 2016

Maple Leaf Rose


I had a few minutes the other day to try out a craft I saw on Pinterest, and it went well so I thought I'd share it with you!

Making roses out of maple leaves is surprisingly easy, and in the fall there are lots of beautiful colours to choose from.


You will need several leaves to make one rose. I used four, but if I wanted my rose to be bigger I would need more.


Start with the leaf you want to be the center of your rose, and fold it in half.


Then fold it in half again.


Roll it up to make the center of the rose, with the stem of the leaf pointing down to make the stem of the rose.  Add more leaves by folding them in half and rolling them around the center.


Don't fold the last leaf you add. Instead use the jagged points to make the outside of the rose.

Finish the rose by taping the bottom inch of it so it all stays together.  Then wind tape down the stems to make one bigger stem.  I didn't have floral tape, so I used electrical tape.  Masking tape or duct tape might work too if you don't have anything else.

Making these roses is not an exact art.  I rolled and unrolled the leaves several times before I liked how they looked.  But in the end I had a rose made from beautiful autumn leaves!



No comments:

Post a Comment