Thursday 24 September 2015

Cucumber Bites with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes

Sometimes I'm stuck and don't know what to post about on my blog.  Today was one of those days.  I began looking through old pictures hoping desperately that there had been something in the past that I took pictures of and could maybe do a post on.  Then to my surprise I came across a set of pictures I had taken of an appetizer I made for a baby shower and had fully intended to write a post on but never did!  Hooray!  So here you are.


I came across this recipe quite a while ago, and was really interested in trying it out.  So when I had the opportunity to bring an appy to a baby shower, I immediately decided I would give it a try!

As an added bonus, I got to make it with cucumbers and tomatoes from my garden, so the only other thing I needed was the cheese (and herbs/spices to season it).


You start by peeling the cucumbers, scoring the sides with a fork, and cutting them into 1 inch rounds.


You are supposed to use a melon baller to scoop a crater out of each slice of cucumber.  I don't have a melon baller, but my half teaspoon measure worked very well!


The cucumbers, ready for the filling!


The original recipe called for cream cheese, but I used soft goat cheese because Jesse is lactose intolerant, and anyways goat cheese is so good!  I seasoned it with some different herbs and spices.  I don't really remember which ones I used... feel free to use the original recipe, or experiment like I did!

Put a spoonful of cheese on each cucumber bite, and top with half of a cherry tomato.  I added a cilantro garnish, since I had some in the fridge, and a sprinkle of salt and paprika.


All ready to go!  An easy, healthy, and pretty appetizer!


No comments:

Post a Comment