Wednesday 11 July 2018

Invisible

As a young mother I confess that I'm
Finding that it's a very lonely time
I always kept saying that I would be fine
But actually I feel
Invisible.

There are lots of great people I see day by day
Who live in our home, though they're sometimes away
There are chances to chat or stay up playing games
So why do I feel
Invisible?

I still have friends, I know that I do
But they're busy, and many live far away too
And my chances to get out of the house are so few
So I just feel
Invisible.

I keep going online as the internet gave
Social media "likes" for the attention I crave
But the high is illusive and soon fades away
In the end I feel
Invisible.

And the worst of it is that I don't understand
Why each passing smile, complement, helping hand
Are just swallowed up in an instant and
Once again I feel
Invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment