Wednesday 21 December 2016

Maxed Out

Having kids has pushed me to my limits more than anything I have ever done.  I really didn't expect that.

Direct multiple plays with casts of over 50 kids aged 6-18?   Sure!

Travel to the other side of the world by myself to go to Bible school for a year?  Why not?

Get a B.A. with the highest GPA in my graduating class?  It may have cost me some stress and a couple all-nighters, but I did that too.

But try to put a teething toddler who is coming down with a cold to bed when he is determined to not be in his room, while the baby (who is also teething) starts crying whenever I leave to try to put the toddler back to bed?  Within minutes I become an emotional wreck who is ready to curl up in the fetal position and never move again.

I'm used to feeling much more competent than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment