Tuesday 25 October 2016

You Are Not Alone


Sometimes I feel very alone.  I imagine that you have felt that way too.  It's a side effect of our fast-paced, individualistic culture that we all face to varying degrees. As a stay-at-home mother of a toddler and an infant, my days are often chaotic and overwhelming. I'm tired. And the list of things that I need to do just gets longer rather than shorter. It's easy for me to feel very alone.

But today was a reminder for me that I am not alone. Both of the kids were being extra fussy and demanding attention and I felt like I just couldn't face the after-supper chaos, but a good friend was willing to come without any notice to help with the kids, and I was able to text Jesse at work and ask him to be praying for me. After Steven was in bed, one of our housemates took care of Kenneth so I could have a shower. An evening that I had been dreading became a manageable and even enjoyable evening, because I am not alone.

You are not alone. I promise. There is someone out there that you can call, or text. Maybe they live nearby and can come and help. Maybe they are free to chat on the phone. Maybe a quick text is all they need to start praying for you. Maybe they are there for you in some other way. However alone you feel, I promise you that there is someone who cares about you. Reach out to them; let them hear your cry for help. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment