Thursday 27 October 2016

Thankful Thursday

With all the sleep deprivation of a young mom, it's easy to feel depressed and discouraged.  But instead of complaining or mulling over everything that's wrong, today I thought I'd share 5 things that I'm thankful for!

God's Presence:


Too often I try to get through the day on my own strength, but when I slow down and turn my thoughts toward Jesus and rely on him, I'm reminded of what is really important, and I start having a better attitude.

My Husband:


For better or worse, we're in this together, and I'm so thankful to be part of a team.  He challenges me to be better and to keep pursuing my goals and dreams.  He's my primary connection to the illusive world of "adult conversations", and he's a fantastic dad.  I couldn't ask for anyone better!

This Blog:


Somehow, through all of the busy days and sleepless nights, I have still been able to continue writing on this blog.  It's really the only thing I consistently do for myself, just because I want to do it.  I don't even manage to shower consistently, so that tells you how big of a feat that is!  Having a place to express myself and develop more of my skills has helped keep me sane.

Hot Chocolate:


I may not be a coffee drinker, but I sure have been drinking lots of hot cocoa lately....  Also, having pretty mugs to drink it out of makes me happy too!

These Faces:



No matter how exhausting and challenging it is, being mom to these two incredible boys has been completely life changing. I love them to the moon and back, and wouldn't change my job for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment