Tuesday 20 October 2015

Small Rays of Sunshine

Sometimes when you are tired and struggling, small things can make a big difference.  Today there were a few things that encouraged my heart, and I thought I would share them with you.

Pies


Today I had a friend come over and we made apple pies.  It was really nice to have someone to talk with, and to have the help with the pies.  One went right in the oven, and there are three for the freezer.


Friends

When I decided to ask around and see if anyone wanted to join me for pie-making, I ended up contacting twelve people.  I was surprised by the number of people I could think of to ask.  And that didn't include a few people that I knew wouldn't be able to come and so didn't bother asking.  And then later on I thought of some other people I could have also asked.  So it ended up that I thought of eighteen women who live not too far away and that I know well enough to invite to make pies with me.  Only one of them was actually able to come, but I was still encouraged.  I hadn't realized that I have that many friends here! 


Family Time

Today we got to go hiking as a family.  I was really needing to get outside, and the time in the peace and beauty of God's creation was very life-giving for me.  And I love family time.


Speaking of family, our precious boy has now been living in the wide world with us longer than he lived inside of me.  What an amazing milestone.

Yes, I am tired.  And I often feel overwhelmed.  But my heart is full.




No comments:

Post a Comment