Thursday 8 October 2015

Cheeseburger Cups


Sometimes I google "What should I make for supper?".  I am not proud of that fact.  I really do try to put together meal plans and think ahead, but as you can imagine, some weeks that goes better than other weeks.  And I have been trying to break my habit of googling anything I am not sure about.  Of course, google is a very useful tool, but one day when I was tempted to google "What should I do with my life?" I realized that perhaps it had gone a bit too far.  But there are still days when I ask brother google about what to do about some baby-related issue, or for meal ideas.  A couple days ago I had one of those kinds of days.  This recipe came up as one of the suggestions, and it turned out so well that I thought I would share it with you!  Now you don't have to google what to make for supper tonight.  You're welcome.

Cheeseburger cups are actually really easy to make.  They involve biscuit dough, a ground beef mixture, and cheese/ any other toppings you fancy.


First is the biscuit layer.  The original recipe calls for refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, but homemade biscuits are really easy to make.  Here's a recipe I use:

Mix in a bowl: 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 4 teaspoons baking powder.  Then add 1/2 cup oil and 1 cup milk.  Mix.

Put some biscuit dough into the bottom of muffin tins that have been greased.  Press the dough up the sides a bit so that there is a well in the center.


Next add the ground beef mixture.  I fried the ground beef with onions, garlic, barbecue sauce, and spices.


Add any other toppings you want!  I used some diced tomato.  Then finish by topping with cubed/crumbled cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.


That's it!  We had the cheeseburger cups for supper with a salad.  It was really good!  I think they would make great appetizers too.  You can check out the original recipe here.  What are some of your favourite go-to meals for when you don't have anything planned?


No comments:

Post a Comment