Sunday 14 September 2014

On the Lake

I got to go boating with some friends the other day, which is always a great time.  While out on the lake, I was inspired to write a set of two poems. Here is the final result, with a few pictures.

On the Lake

Radiant sunshine
Sun on the mountains
Sun on the trees
Sun on the waves
Sun on my face
Warm
Calming
Comforting

Rushing wind
Blowing through my hair
Blowing through my soul
Blocking out all other noises
Banishing the worries of the day
Clear
Refreshing
Renewing

Rippling waves
Caught in the playful embrace of the breeze 
Catching the light in a myriad of gems
Careless in its abandon
Capturing my gaze in its intricate dance
Alive
Inviting
Inspiring



On the Lake

Motor roars
Propelling us forward
Over the water
Scattering spray
Diamonds and rainbows in our wake
Careless
Fearless
Challenging ourselves to feats of daring
Hands gripping
Muscles straining
In the battle against the elements
Soaring
Conquering
We are the kings of the world








No comments:

Post a Comment