Friday 12 September 2014

Bits and Pieces of Life

The days seem to go by so quickly... often without a chance to be still and reflect on what God has been doing.  But at the same time, there is so much to be thankful for!  The sunshine outside, a comfortable apartment that is becoming more like home every day, a loving husband, a little one on the way, plenty to eat, friends to spend time with... when I take the time to think about it, my cup is really full to overflowing!

Here is a peek at some of what I've been up to over the past week:

Last Saturday, I decided I wanted to can salsa.  Not the smartest decision perhaps, since what I really needed was a day to rest, but I'm glad that it's done, since there's still more canning that I want to do this fall.

I love buying fresh produce.  It's not quite the same as picking it from a garden, but there is still something that feels wholesome about it.



I made a full batch (with 20lb of tomatoes), which was entertaining, since I don't have a large enough pot or roasting pan to cook it all in.  All that was needed was a bit of creativity!


The end result - 11 jars of salsa, ready for eating!


I think my baby bump looks so cute with an apron on!


It's been great having visitors from Ontario!  Here Jesse is making chocolate donut holes (aka "timbits") with them.  PS. I love the new kitchen!  It's so nice to have more elbow room for working together with others in the kitchen.


Here is our music corner.  Doesn't it just invite you to sit down and pick up an instrument?  Also, I love my new poster from The Piano Guys!


Our most recent acquisition has been a giant bean bag chair.  It is so comfortable, and can seat multiple people.  Looking forward to our first movie night!


Until next time!  God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment