Friday 3 March 2017

Garden 2017: Planning

As spring approaches, I've been continuing to get ready for my garden. On nice days I've spent time outside, weeding and transplanting. Steven is generally outside with me too, so while I have gotten some work done, it is liberally interspersed with trading garden tools (he always wants whichever one I happen to be using), trying to teach him that you don't throw dirt, and inspecting all the creepy crawlies that we find. My personal favourite is when we find a ladybug and Steven holds it on his finger. He becomes so still and gentle.


I have been doing a lot of planning, trying to decide what I want to plant this year. I've never had this much garden space just for myself to use before, but I still want to try to make the best use of the space that I can! I'll mostly be growing traditional vegetable garden plants, but I will be trying out some new (to me) things too.

I have also started some seeds inside this year, including basil, tomatoes, cucumber, and one of the new things I am trying - goji berries!


I discovered that our new house is within walking distance of a nursery, which is fun. I walked over with the kids yesterday and we enjoyed looking around the store, watching their fish and turtle ponds, and visiting with their store cats! I think we will be going back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment