Sunday 12 March 2017

Apple Pie Burritos


When I was considering what to write about last Thursday, I decided to try out this recipe I found a while ago. By the time I finished making it (and eating it) I ran out of time to write about it! But here it is now, and I definitely recommend it.


Our old house had an apple tree that produced so much last summer. I made lots of things with the apples, including some pies for the freezer. When there were still more apples to deal with I decided to freeze some bags of apple pie filling. They have been useful for making a lot more things than just pies!


I heated a bag of apple pie filling in a pot and let it simmer until the apples were cooked. The apples were already mixed with some sugar, cinnamon, and corn starch. I added a bit more corn starch so it would get nice and thick.


Some filling went in each tortilla and I rolled then up like a burrito. I used large tortillas because that's what I had, but I think it would be even better with little tortillas. One pie's worth of filling was enough for 6 large tortillas.


I heated some oil and fried them on each side until they were golden brown.


While they were still warm I rolled then in cinnamon sugar and they were ready to eat!


They were really good eaten warm and the leftovers were eaten cold for breakfast the next morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment