Thursday 26 January 2017

A Blanket Cape


The other day I was feeling a little bit chilled and a little bit down. It was the kind of day when you want to curl up with a blanket and a hot drink and a book and ignore that the world exists. Well, that's a little hard to do when you are busy taking care of two little ones. All I managed was wrapping a blanket around my shoulders before I had to continue with my day.  However I quickly found that keeping a blanket on my shoulders takes a hand to hold it there, and an extra hand is something that a mom rarely has. So I decided to turn my blanket into a cape. Temporarily, of course. It worked really well and I was very pleased with myself, so I thought I would share it with you!


To make a blanket cape you need one big comfy blanket and some kind of pin or broach. A big safety pin would probably work, but something pretty is preferable. Hold the blanket lengthwise behind your back.


Grab the top inch or two of the blanket at a point just beyond your shoulders.


And flip that bit of the blanket backwards, away from you.


Bring your hands together in front of you.  The fold you made in the blanket is now kind of like a collar around your neck.


Secure the two sides together with the broach or pin.


Now you can feel cozy and still have both hands free!  And you can feel epic too, because you're wearing a cape.



2 comments: