Thursday 19 January 2017

Garden 2017: Prologue

I am starting to think about my garden for this year. Is it a little early? Maybe, but I am very excited to be living in a house that actually has gardens! I am also getting a good look at these gardens for the first time. It was dark out when we came for our viewing, and there has been snow on the ground every since we moved in! But it is melting now, and it's fun to see what was hiding underneath.

I'll be posting a lot about my garden this summer, but I thought I would start off with some "before" pictures, so you can watch with me as the garden transforms.

It will be an interesting year, because for the most part I have no idea what is in the gardens! That will limit my ability to plan ahead, but it will be fun to find out what everything is.


There is a garden along the front of the property with a couple hydrangeas, a couple rose bushes, and some things I can't identify, but I'm guessing they're all perennials.


The back yard has a pear tree surrounded by roses. It looks like I get to try my hand at pruning!


There is some garden space along the back of the yard. I heard there are some tulips back there. I'm guessing there are also more perennials.


There is a garden along the side of the yard too. There are a couple bushes and what appears to be empty space. Is it empty? We'll find out!


There is one raised garden bed in the back corner of the yard containing several plants consisting of tall, fuzzy stalks with buds on them. I have no idea what they are! Does anyone have any guesses?

My first task will be weeding and pruning and getting ready for spring. I'll keep you posted!

Are you excited for the gardening season to start? What is your favourite thing to grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment