Thursday 14 May 2015

Chocolate Pudding with a Secret


I like pudding.  My family can attest to this - when I was in the hospital after giving birth, I got so excited that my hospital meal had pudding for dessert.  Probably too excited.  But in my defense, I hardly ever have pudding, because we try to eat healthily and only buy natural, healthy foods.  That is why, when I saw this pudding recipe, I knew that I had to make it.  That is because this pudding has a secret:

It is healthy!

For real.

It is full of natural ingredients: honey, cocoa, almond milk, vanilla, and... wait for it... avocados!

Avocados are the secret ingredient in this chocolate pudding recipe.  Don't let that weird you out.  I was skeptical too, but I decided to try it, and I'm so glad I did!  It tastes so good - very creamy and rich - and not at all like avocados.


If you still need convincing, Jesse really doesn't like avocados but he loved this pudding, and he wants me to make it again!


This recipe is also very easy to make!  Cut up the avocado, put everything in a blender, mix it until it's creamy, and refrigerate.  That's it!


Have I convinced you to give it a try yet?  You should!

One batch made plenty for four of us.  We had it for dessert last night and just dug into the bowl of pudding with our spoons.  It was thoroughly enjoyed!

Here is a link to the recipe I used:  Vegan Chocolate Pudding.  The only changes I made were using honey instead of agave nectar and using 3 small avocados instead of 2 large ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment