Monday 17 November 2014

Christmas Penguins


I came across this cute project idea, and it immediately got bumped to the front of my projects list!  It's pretty simple, and once again uses normal household items that are otherwise useless - this time, burned out light bulbs!


We happened to have a few lying around.  To start, you paint one side white.  I found that I had to do two coats.


Next, you paint the black, making them look like little penguins.


Then paint the faces.


The winter accessories were a little harder, because I didn't have a pattern.  I just used some yarn scraps, and through trial and error was able to crochet three little toques and scarves.




I used some wire to make it possible to hang these little guys on a Christmas tree.


Then it was just putting the pieces together with a bit of glue.  Meet papa penguin, mama penguin, and baby penguin!




What a cute little family!


No comments:

Post a Comment