Thursday 23 February 2017

Operation: Origami


Lately I came across some different origami ideas that looked interesting to me, so I thought that I should actually try doing some of them! I chose three, since that seemed like a good number - one that looked pretty easy, one that looked trickier, and one that looked really challenging! Let's see how they went.

Hopping Frog

The first one one I tried is a frog that you can make hop. You can see the instructions here. I chose this one because it looked pretty easy, and I could remember making something like it when I was a kid. Also I thought Steven would have fun with it later!

It was just as easy as I expected, though still a fun little project!


Barn Swallow

The next one I chose was significantly more complicated. You can see the pattern here.

This one was definitely more of a challenge. There were a few steps when I just looked at the instructions saying "uhhhh...." for a minute or two before I would figure out what I was supposed to do. I'm also pretty sure I didn't do everything exactly right, but it still turned out well!


Tall Ship

This final one looked so absurdly complicated that at first I didn't even consider trying it, but then I thought "why not?". Check out the instructions here.

It was a challenge, that's for sure! There was one step near the beginning that took me an incredibly long time to figure out. I just stared at it for ages, then tried something that didn't work, then stared at it for ages, etc. until something finally made sense. The rest of the process was challenging as well, and I know there's things I didn't do quite right, but somehow it still came out looking like a ship. I have to say I am incredibly proud of myself!


I can remember doing origami quite a lot as a kid. It was fun to give it a try again!


No comments:

Post a Comment