Friday 13 May 2016

Family Update and an Unnecessary Apology

I can hardly believe that it's almost a month since I have posted anything on my blog!  I have really missed writing, but the past weeks have been so chaotic and exhausting that I just haven't had the time or energy.  I'm sorry that I've let this blog slip for so long, but thank you for your continued support and encouragement!

We have moved out of our little townhouse and are now renting a real house, with four bedrooms and a yard.  The process of moving is exhausting, as I'm sure many of you know, and moving with a little one and while pregnant and with a husband who has a very busy work schedule... to be honest, it was overwhelming!  But we had several friends who did so much to help us out, and we are finally moved, and (for the most part) settled.  Our new place is on a pretty busy road, but thankfully we are shielded by a big hedge, and we have a yard now where Steven can play and where I can plant a garden.  The house could rightly be called a "character house".  It's old, and hasn't had many updates, but it is charming and will do the job quite well.  My favourite things about our new place are that we have a reading nook at the top of the stairs, and that real sunshine comes in our windows!

With all of the tiredness and stress of the past month, I've been feeling pretty low.  Even now, as things are settling down, I know it will take a while for me to get back to "normal".  But today I am thankful for many little blessings, like getting to spend time outside in the sun today, beginning to work on what will be a part of my garden. 

The little life I am carrying is 24 weeks old now, and I am enjoying his/her kicks and somersaults, though not enjoy the gradually increasing aches, pains and heartburn that come along with my growing belly.

Steven is 16 months old, and already wearing 24 month clothes!  He's learning new words all the time, is becoming proficient at going up and down stairs, and recently started giving hugs!  He loves playing with his soccer ball, or any other kind of ball, and he is getting really good at entertaining himself, especially if he has access to magnets, rocks, or water of some sort.  He loves animals, music, books, and being outside. 

Story time

Enjoying the Tulip Festival

Playing with Daddy

Our little musician

Exploring the great outdoors

Bedhead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment