Thursday 26 November 2015

Game Review: BrainBashers

This summer I discovered a website that has pretty much every kind of puzzle that you can think of.  I really enjoy solving puzzles, so this was a great find for me!  (And maybe a not-so-great find considering the amount of time I've spent on it since finding it...)  I have enjoyed being able to try new kinds of puzzles, and have access to old classics as well.  So I thought I would share it with you!  I'm sorry in advance if you end up spending too much time on it...

www.brainbashers.com

Here are three of my current favourites.

Light Up:


This puzzle involves placing lightbulbs in the puzzle which shed "light" horizontally and vertically.  Each lightbulb can't shed light on any other lightbulbs.  There are numbers that indicate how many light bulbs are touching that number as hints to help you solve the puzzle, and the goal is to light up the whole grid.

Drop Quotes:


The letters in each column belong in the spaces under the column, and make a quote.  It's fun to solve, and sometimes the quotes are really good!

Killer Sudoku:


A much harder version of the standard sudoku, which has the same rules as sudoku but with the addition of the squares being grouped up into "cages" and given a clue which all of the numbers in the "cage" add up to.

What kinds of puzzles do you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment