Friday 16 June 2017

Currently: Music Choices

Maybe I'm weird, but different kinds of media have always kind of been like friends for me. Basically what I mean is that I have the ones that I know and like, and I gravitate towards those ones. I don't mind making new media "friends", but if given a choice I'll usually choose to "hang out" with something I know I like.

It's like that for movies in particular. I can watch my favourites over and over, and someone usually has to twist my arm before I'll give a new movie a try. While I am more open to reading new novels, if I just want to relax I'll usually reach for an old favourite.

Music is similar too, though a lot of the reason is that I don't have the time or energy to put the effort into finding new music that I like. And I am quite content to listen to my favourites again.

Here's a bit of what I have been listening to lately:

Getting stuff done around the house:
When I'm looking for something upbeat I generally turn on some Needtobreathe, especially their Hard Love album.

Dancing with the kids:
Lately I've enjoyed "rediscovering" and introducing the kids to Michael Mitchell's Canada is for Kids.

Chill background music:
When I'm just hanging out and want some music on, Josh Garrels wins every time.

Calming Music:
When I have a few minutes to myself and need to breathe deeply, I always turn on Handel's Messiah. I especially love "Comfort ye" and "He shall feed".

What have you been listening to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment